Couple weeks ago I updated my phone to the new iOS4. I was excited to be able to play Pandora in the background while texting (or doing whatever else to enjoy multitasking). After I download the new version of Pandora multitasking, I was able to run Pandora and do something else on the phone without Pandora stopping.
Besides multitasking there are some other nice features in 4.0 that I like:
- GUI Speed – that is the first thing you notice, things are snappier
- Folders – group application into folders
- App Tray – double click the home button and you get a list of currently running/paused apps that you can quickly switch from
- Camera – got nice update, simulated shutter speed is improved, digital zoom added
- Bluetooth – voice command works via bluetooth now
However, my excitement started to wear thin as I notice some annoyances that keep reoccurring:
- Phone Crash – the most annoying is the phone crashing. Prior to 4.0, I never had to do a restart on my phone. With 4.0 I had to do that 3 times already. Sometimes in the middle of a conversation phone becomes unresponsive and must be restarted
- More frequent drop calls
- Bluetooth transition slow – now, phone will ring first before it switch to my car
Conclusion: iOS4 is great, but wait for iOS 4.1 if you own the 3GS. Hopefully that will address some of the issues I mentioned (actually the iPhone4 has its own set of bugs that 4.1 will also address, so just wait).